Phase 01 - Add LibreNMS in virtual box in to GNS3Open GNS3 software (Download GNS3) and go to 'Edit --> Preferences'
1. Click 'New' to add a Virtualbox VM to GNS3.
2. Choose the correct VM that has LibreNMS from the 'VM list'
3. Click 'Finish'
4. Then 'OK'
Phase 02 - Connect LibreNMS VM, Local PC and a Cisco Router in GNS3
- Drag and Drop LibreNMS VM, a Host, a Ethernet Switch and a Cisco Router (Licence IOS is recommended) from the GNS3 Device list to the work space.
- Connect LibreNMS VM and the Router to the Ethernet Switch.
- Select the physical interface driver to connect Host in to the Ethernet switch
- Start all the devices in GNS3
- Set and verify all the IP addresses are in the same network in all devices
- Thereafter, connect the Cisco Router to NMS (LibreNMS) using SNMPv3
CAREFUL: Due to the inconsistency of multiple virtual environments there will be connectivity issues. Make sure Virtualbox is using 'Generic Driver' for it's network interface card.